I have yet to met a meatball I didn’t like. The possibilities are endless and you can pair different meats and fillings to represent almost any nationalities food! Pair them with any sauce and pasta, or make for a appetizer that will wow your guests. I chose to pair these with a simple marinara sauce and gluten free spaghetti. What till you try?
– 700 grams ground chicken breast – 1/2 pound diced crimini mushrooms
– 1/2 cup sliced sun dried tomatoes – 1 egg
– 1/2 medium white onion – 2 tbs chopped parsley
– 4 cloves diced garlic – 2 tbs goat cheese
– 1 tsp crushed chilli flake – salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a hot skillet, sautee diced crimini mushrooms until brown. Once they are done, set them aside and let cool.
In a large bowl mix together ground chicken, mushrooms, sun dried tomato, parsley, garlic, chilli flake, egg and salt and pepper. Using a grater, grate onion into the bowl with the other ingredients **( this will make the meatballs super moist!) **
Crumble goat cheese in and mix well with your hands.
Now comes the fun part! Roll the mixture into tablespoon sized balls and place on a parchment lined backing sheet. Pop into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Pair with your favourite sauce and enjoy!