Halibut might just be my favourite fish.. its soo buttery and delicious and incredibly versatile. When its on a menu, I order it. Always. The version is a healthy and gourmet version and anyone will love… ( and shhhhh…. its easy too!)
– 2 x 7 oz pieces of Halibut – 1 cup of cooked Quinoa
-1 cup of shelled edemame – 3 oz of shitake mushrooms
– 2 small heads of bok choy – 1 tbs fresh chopped ginger
– 1.5 tbs gluten free tamari sauce – 1/2 cup chopped snow peas
– salt and pepper to taste – basil to garnish
– 3/4 cup of brewed green tea
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Season halibut with sea salt and pepper.
In a hot skillet with a tbs of olive oil, sear halibut 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer halibut onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes depending on thickness.
Once halibut is in the oven, add ginger, bok choy, snow peas, mushrooms and edemame to the pan and cook for 4 minutes. Add green tea, tamari and quinoa and cook for 3 more minutes.
Serve a large scoop into a shallow bowl and place 1 piece of halibut on top. Garnish with basil and enjoy!