American Thanksgiving is just around the corner which means large gatherings of friends and family centred around a whack load of food. Although I will not be celebrating because I am Canadian and already had my feast, I would like to share this fantastic appetizer I made for my family this year. Pumpkin seems to be everywhere this season and I thought I would jump on board! I really like a good presentation so I carved out a little pumpkin and placed the dish with the hummus inside.. super cute!
– 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree (NOT the pie filling) -1 15oz can of Chickpeas
– 1 clove of garlic – I lemon
– 1 tsp cumin – salt and pepper
– 1 tsp nutmeg – 1 tsp cinnamon
– crushed pumpkin seeds (for garnish) – 2 tbs tahini (optional.. I really like it! )
– 1 tbs water
Combine pumpkin, chickpeas, garlic, lemon (juice) cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg and tahini (optional) in a food processor and blend until smooth.
If it is TOO thick, add water until your desired thickness is achieved.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with crushed pumpkin seeds and enjoy!