Last month while on a work trip in Montreal, my girlfriend Heather and I went to an incredible raw food restaurant called Crudessence. My meal was SO delicious that I just had to buy the cookbook (which I NEVER do.) This is what I had for dinner there and was also the firs thing I cooked out of the book. This meal is incredibly tasty and very easy to make. The bonus? Its gluten free, vegan and organic! The cookbook is available on their website and I highly encourage getting one of your own!
– 2-3 medium zucchini – 2 1/2 cups sun dried tomato sauce (see below)
– 1/2 cup fresh basil – 2/3 cup macadamia nut ricotta (see below)
-1tbs chopped parsley – 1 tbs crumesean (see below)
Using a Mandoline, cut zucchini lengthwise into thin strips to form “lasagna noodles.”
In the bottom of an 8-inch square dish, place zucchini noodles tightly together to form a layer.
Top with 3/4 cup of the sun-dried tomato sauce, macadamia nut ricotta, and fresh basil leaves.
Continue to assemble “lasagna” by alternating layers.
Slice carefully with a sharp knife and sprinkle with Crumesean.
TIP : keeps for 5 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce:
– 3 medium tomatoes – 1 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
– 1 tbs sultana raisins – 1/2 cup chopped carrots
– 1 clove of garlic – 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
– 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes – 1/2 tsp dried oregano
– 2 tbs chopped parsley – 2 tbs basil
In a blender ( i used a food processor) puree tomatoes. Add sun-dried tomatoes and raisins and let soak for 10 min.
Blend mixture. Add remaining ingredients.
TIP: Keeps 10 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Macadamia Nut “Ricotta”
– 1 1/3 cup macadamia nuts – 1/3 cup water
– 2 tbs lemon juice – 1/4 tsp garlic ( I used about 1 tbs.. i love garlic)
– 1/2 tsp salt – 1/4 tsp black pepper
In a food processor, reduce macadamia nuts to small pieces.
Add remaining ingredients and blend to form an emulsion. The “cheese” will turn white and creamy with small pieces of nuts.
– 1 cup brazil nuts – 1/4 tsp garlic puree
– 1/4 tsp sea salt – 1/8 tsp black pepper
Trust me. This is amazing!